12.21.2006

Holiday Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate all the way! I have some terrible experiences with egg nog.....**shudder**.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them, yo! And I have the paper cuts to prove it. He averages about 3 or 4 hours a day the three days before Christmas. (I've seen his time card. **wink**)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
On the house? White for sure. On the tree? Colored but I prefer one solid color. Blue is my favorite.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No way! We don't need MORE excuses to smooch on each other!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Some time before Christmas Eve. There's no set date.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I'm a pretty picky princess....I HATE ham and sweet potatoes!! I guess I'd say, cinnamon apples or green bean casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
I don't have any. Tragic childhood, supression of memories...yada, yada, yada. Moving on...

8. When and how did you learn about the truth about Santa?
Again...don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open all our gifts on Christmas Eve. With the divorce and all, the kids had to be out the door on Christmas Day @ 9am. It was always easier to open our stuff the night before.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Ummm...I stand on the floor and hang ornaments on it??

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Ugh...not gonna lie, I want to move to a location that allows me to decorate a palm tree for Christmas!

12. Can you ice skate?
Of course! It's a requirement to keep your White Suburbanite Chick membership card!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Ugh!!! What's with all the "Do you remember" questions?!?!? No, no memories!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
My answer hasn't always been "seeing my family" but after some significant healing, I can say I love being with my family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Chocolate pie. Hands down...no questions.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Cookie baking! The women of my family have always gotten together to bake cookies. At times there have been up to three generations in the kitchen. This year was the first one in which the college aged girls were allowed to bring their favorite cookie recipes....this is a huge honor, trust me.

17. What tops your tree?
An angel and a big ass bow.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Both. Really! I got some really great gifts for people this Christmas and I can't wait to give them. On the other hand, one of Mother Figure's elves might have leaked what I'm getting...maybe. And I'm really excited to get it!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I like when Sleighride is played by an orchestra.

20. Candy Canes.
Love them!! I'm not a big fan of the peppermint ones though. Again...I'm a picky princess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I want to move to a location that allows me to decorate a palm tree for Christmas!"

...please....take me with you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm surrounded by palm trees out here in Southern California ... and I can tell you it's great. I still remember the Christmas Day I called my family back in Denver ... from a cell phone in the swimming pool. Talk about rubbing it in! Woo hoo!

Merry Christmas, Cass. You too, mrschili.