1.26.2007

The One with Part II

I DID NEED A BLACK DRESS!!! YAY!

First Special Man Friend took me to dinner at the House of Blues Restaurant and I spent the whole meal begging him to tell me where we were going. He must have been dying of laughter the whole time! Little did I know, but we were going across the street.

SMF had gotten us tickets to see Jeremy Camp at the HOB! (For those of you NOT from around dese hurr parts, that's House of Blues.) I LOVE, love, LOVE! Jeremy Camp. I'm shocked I didn't know he was coming to town. Lucky for me, SMF loves Mr. Camp as well, and he kept closer tabs on Jeremy's concert dates. SMF and I actually met because of this particular artist, so he and I hold a special place in our hearts for Camp and his music.

Once upon a time, I was searching for video codes for my MySpace profile, of Jeremy's song, "I'll Take You Back" and having no luck. I finally ditched the Google searching and did a search on MySpace. It kicked back about 50 profiles that mentioned something about "video", "codes", "Jeremy", or "Camp".

I began clicking on profiles and getting more and more depressed. All I could find were a zillion people that LIKED Jeremy Camp but didn't have his video in their profiles. I eventually ran out of time and had to head to class.

Rather than "X-ing" out of the server, I just diminshed the window and went to class. I also went out to dinner, then I went on a date with my boyfriend at the time. I also broke up with said boyfriend that night and came back to the dorm despondent.

I let myself into my room and sat in front of my laptop to do some journaling. I realized I had left my browser open and maximized it to see what I had been doing. When I saw the list of profiles, I started clicking random ones. At this point I was DESPERATE to have that song.

After about 10 profiles resulting in nothing. I was about to go to bed and clicked on one last one. Wouldn't you know it??? There was my song! I didn't even bother to see who the person was, I just sent off a quick email asking for the video code and jumped in bed hoping for the best.

The next day I checked my MySpace messages and there next to the subject line "Giving you what you asked for" was the little thumbnail of a VERY good looking guy....holding a guitar. I assumed the message was a spam message and was about to delete it when I decided to take a look anyway. Inside was 50 lines of HTML that made up the code for the Jeremy Camp video!!!

I was so amazed! I decided to check out this guy's profile to see where he lived and if he was a Christian. I clicked on the link, and promptly went out to lunch with some friends, went to Barnes & Noble for a couple hours and then came back and had dinner at the cafeteria.

By the time I got back to the dorm I was ready to get comfy and do some relaxing. I noticed the webpage on my screen and wandered over to see what I had been doing earlier. What I found was the profile of a twenty-something hot musician who lived 20 minutes away from where I was going to school. I replied to his email and told him the following things:

1. You need smile more! It's Christmas!! [He had a VERY serious face and was in front of a Christmas tree in his picture.]
2. Are you going to school around here?
3. How did you come to like Jeremy Camp?
4. Why are guys with guitars so much hotter than 'regular' guys?


And we were off!!! The flirting and the talking and the connecting that followed was unlike anything I had ever experienced before in my dating history. SMF finally worked up the cajones to ask for my number and called the following day. We talked for nine straight hours that night. We decided to keep talking for another week on the phone, and then finally decided to meet.

I have never looked back since that first date. I have enjoyed every minute of this crazy ride and I'm happy to say that SMF and I are planning our lives around the understanding that we're going to be married. It's incredible how life seems to fall into place sometimes!

Siting there last night with this handsome guy, holding his hand and enjoying really good music was one of the happiest moments I have had in the last three years. I looked around at all the other couples there and realized that I was above and beyond luckier than ALL of them! Last night was wonderful and the whole time we were at the show, I just kept thanking God (and Jeremy) for leading me to the most wonderful man in the world.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love people's "meeting" stories. Yours is a good one.

I wonder, though... would you have missed out on this wonderful man if he HADN'T been christian?