4.03.2007

The One With the Election

We lost. :'-( Yes, Mrs Chili, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I cried. I pouted. I yelled at people I wasn't really angry with. I said nasty things to SMF and then I cried some more. There also may have been large amounts of chocolate chip cookie dough consumed.....MAY HAVE BEEN!

We lost. It was ugly....one of the three candidates received 50% of the votes. I was sad. My running mate was devastated. We ranted. We raved. We cried. We kicked ourselves and our efforts. We yelled at people we weren't really angry with and we said nasty things to our significant others. We plotted graphic murder plots involving our competitors.


AND!!!!! I'm okay now. I did all of those things last night and I haven't done any of them SINCE last night. I apologized to the people I offended. I smoothed SMF's feathers. I turned my frown upside down. I congratulated the winners. I started raving about how cool it was that Mr. New Pres received half of the votes. I also may have felt a wee bit nauseous most of the day and MAY HAVE not been able to get into my favorite cute jeans......but cookie dough is OH SO GOOD! (And it heals oh so many hurts.)

ALSO!!!! I was elected as Secretary (which I spelled SecretarTy...twice. Paging Dr. Freud??) for Concert Choir next year. AND!!!! I was placed in a discipleship role in my suite next year. AND!!!! My application was accepted to work on Women's Ministry Council!!!


AWESOME!!! So all is not lost, I'm going to be a busy, busy girl next year. And in fact, if I HAD won the election I would have been forced to turn down the other three posistions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sorry about your electoral loss, but I'm going to get all philosophical and remind you that everything happens for a reason. You lost the election so you could go on to do all the other cool stuff you're signed up for. I'm looking forward to the stories.

And yeah - cookie dough soothes many ills.....

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Cassie. You'll be stronger for it in the end, though.

Oh, who am I kidding.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! They messed up!!

Oh, hey ... when you're out of cookie dough, Haagen Daas Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream with chocolate syrup and cherries. Just sayin'